Freakin’ Awesome Friday (FAF)
Friday, May 30th 2014. 4pm – 6pm. Fielder Room (2nd Floor of the MU)
Help us pack our baby packs up to be shipped to Brazil! Our last Freakin’ Awesome Friday of the year.
Shoot an e-mail to [email protected] for any questions regarding fundraisers and all monetary business!
Lemon Bars Bake Sale
Thursday, May 29th and, Friday, 30th 2014. MU Picnic Tables 10am – 4pm.
Stop by the MU for a quick snack break in between classes and support your lovely finance directors as well as the club of course. Try out these lovely lemon bars handmade by yours truly and stick around to hang out .
Sweet & Shavery
Thursday, June 5, 2014. 210 E St. Davis CA 95616 12pm – 10pm
Feeling stress from finals? Come chill with Rotaractors at our last fundraiser for the school year! Come see all of us one last time before the summer and cool down with something sweet, while helping out a great cause. 15% goes back towards our many charities.
End of the Year BBQ
Saturday, May 31st, 2014. Oxford Circle Park. 11am – 2pm. (Near Quarto)
Come join us for our annual end of the year barbeque. We’ll be enjoying the warm weather, playing games, and eating through our final’s week stress. Relax and have fun with Rotaract before the end of the year.
Hang out with your Mentor/Mentee before the end of the year approaches!! 🙂
Contact Carol if you want to be added to the database. Open to paid members. Job Shadowing
Do you want an opportunity to shadow a Rotarian? Let us know and we’ll try to get you in touch with a Rotarian who is in your field of interest.
Ubisoft – PR Intern
– Major: Business/Managerial Economics, Social Sciences and Humanities/Communication
– San Francisco, 20-30 hours a week for 10-12 weeks
– Perform administrative and clerical duties including research projects, media database management and product mailings
– Collect and prepare press clips and coverage reports
– Maintain editorial calendars, and prepare written material under staff supervision
– Provide logistic support for meetings and press events, prepare schedules and follow-up contact
AJL ID#: 779154
Museum Assistant SAII
– Department of Native American Studies
– Must be eligible for work study, 5-10 hours a week, $8.25
– Monitor museum during exhibitions
– Act as receptionist and security
– Assist Curator with exhibit installations
– Assist in production of special events (receptions, workshops, lectures)
AJL ID#: 779340
Translational Epilepsy Summer Research Internship
– Lab assistance in research examining epilepsy drug development
– Minimum of 3 contiguous hours twice a week (three times preferred), 20-25 hours a week in SUMMER
– Should be familiar with basic lab skills, not required
– Organization skills and ability to learn new software
– email to Dr. Lossin (check AJL for all required material)
AJL ID#: 779183
Food and Cooking Education Intern
– Second year or higher, studying Nutrition
– Apps due June 2, Interview for fall held June 6
– Work with student coordinators to bring cooking programs to UC Davis community in DC and other campus venues
– Attend weekly meeting
– Volunteer position compensated with meal in DC for each 2 hours logged, plus a meal for each shift
Please fill out a membership form if you are planning to buy membership this year.
(This is optional, but recommended.)
PERKS OF BEING A PAID MEMBER:
-Free Rotaract lapel pin
-Discounted prices on t-shirts and special events
-BBQ socials and certain Fellowship events
-Be eligible for grand prizes in raffles and lotteries
-Have a guaranteed spot for Winter Retreat
-Job shadowing opportunities
-Personal resume and interview help
-Apply to be an officer in Spring Quarter
-Becoming one step closer to the Rotary family!
T-Shirts and Membership
$15 for membership
$15 for shirt
*Please bring your money to the meeting or contact an officer. Checks are payable to Campus Rotaract Club of Davis.