Rotaract is a community service-based club that fosters professionalism and friendship even in these uncertain times. Rotaract focuses on community and international service each year while forming lasting bonds within the club!
Happy Week 6! Here’s a list of our events planned for this upcoming week:
1. FAF #3: Our third FAF meeting will be from 4-6PM on Friday (2/12)! Baby Packs is our annual international project for mothers in Brazil, and you can help us sew baby caps and bibs! Don’t worry if you don’t know how to sew, we will teach you! If you are interested in helping out, please fill out this form (More information below). *Also, make sure to join our Baby Packs Facebook group! We will share updates and past reminders there. The group page is also a space for you to ask any questions and share your experience sewing this year.
2. Community Clean-Up: Come out to our street clean-up this Saturday (2/13) from 1-2PM to help make Davis a better and cleaner place! We will meet at the Davis Central Park by the community garden while following COVID safety guidelines. We will limit event volunteers to only 5-7 people based on the order you sign up, so if you are interested please fill out this form!
*Duo Family Socials: Family heads will be planning duo socials this week (2/7-2/13), so stay tuned for more info!! The duo groups are:
Fire and Water
*Pro Dev Feedback Form for Future Events: After having both an Alumni panel and a Rotarian panel, we wanted to get YOUR feedback for future events! Tell us what you like, what could be adjusted, and what future events/activities you would like to see by filling out this form! Any and ALL feedback helps 🙂
*#charitymiles: This week’s service challenge is Charity Miles! Our service challenges are fun service tasks that anyone can participate in wherever you are and earn service points! Fill out this form by Tuesday (2/16) to earn service points. Charity Miles is a free app that donates money to the charity of your choice whenever you run, walk, or bike. To participate: download the app, create a profile, choose one of the 40 charities to donate to, and start your journey!
*Valentine’s Day Bake Sale: Our Valentine’s Day Bake Sale fundraising for Feeding America will be on Monday, February 22nd (Pickup Day)! The Pre Order Form will be available starting Thursday (2/11) so keep your eyes out for that! Our baked goods will include vegan and gluten options, and a free delivery option within the City of Davis (Delivery day will be Sunday, 2/21). *We will need volunteers to help us bake, and volunteers can receive service hours! Please fill out this form if you are interested in volunteering for our bake sale. The form will close next Tuesday (2/16).
Baby Big Night: This year’s annual charity dinner will be held virtually, but we still need volunteers! If you are interested in volunteering for this event and being a part of the BBN committee, please fill out this quick form!
You See Davis: YSD is our annual overnight Interact stay over event, which will be held virtually this year from April 10-11. However, we will still be holding workshops, team building events, and a community service event. Our committee meetings will be on Tuesdays at 8pm (right after the general meeting, with the same zoom link). If you would like to be a part of the planning process please come to our meetings! We are excited to see you all there.
Family applications are still open! If you didn’t get to join a family last quarter and would like to join one, fill out this form! Joining a family is a good opportunity to get to know people in the club! Each quarter, families have socials and compete with each other for family points.
Here are the current family standings: 1st Place: Fire Fam(62 points) 2nd Place: Air Fam (57 points) 3rd Place: Earth Fam (56.5 points) 4th Place: Water Fam (55 points)
Each quarter, the families compete with each other for family points; here’s how to earn those points! 1) Family Selfies: – +1 point per person in each photo – At least 4 people
2) Family Photobomb: – -1 point per other family photobomb
3) Social Events: – +1 point per person who attends
4) Selfie Challenge: – +1 point per person who participates – Make sure to hashtag your fam’s name when you post!!
5) Service Events: – +1point per hour of service
Pro Dev will be holding Office Hours! If you are looking for individual help on anything related to professional development, feel free to fill out this form and we will be happy to meet with you! Some ideas include resume, interview prep, and gathering resources.
Are you interested in sewing baby packs? Don’t worry, there will be tutorial videos on how to make them! Our club is continuing our annual international project, Baby Packs, where we sew baby bibs and caps to send to mothers in Brazil. We plan on sending materials to interested members and meeting over zoom to make them together! If you are willing to help us sew, please fill out this form.
*Join our Baby Packs Facebook group! We will share updates and past reminders there. The group page is also a space for you to ask any questions and share your experience sewing this year!
*If you helped us sew last quarter and are in need of more materials for Baby Packs or are running short on fabric, please fill out this form!
*If you helped sew baby bibs on your own time and have yet to receive your service hours, please fill out this form!
For more info on what we have been up to: check out last week’s update here and for more past updates check out our club updates page!